Have you been in the AV recently and wondered who some of the strange new people are? Chances are that it was one of the second-year IR/PA students who returned from various internships across the globe for their last semester in use.
This Tuesday, Jan 21, from 5-7pm (Maxwell 204) we would like to give you an opportunity to get to know them – and of course them the chance to get to know us! They would love to share their knowledge with us as well as give us the valuable information they wish they had known a year ago!
Most of them have spent the summer and/or the fall term in one of Maxwell’s Global Programs and in various internships. They would be happy to share their experiences with you and answer any questions you bring with you.
The department will sponsor pizza and beverages (big thanks at this point!). Please RSVP by Monday, Jan 20, 6pm if you are sure that you will attend:
This meetup can be a great resource for first-year IR students who are pursuing their internship options, but is of course open to all Maxwell graduate students!
- Call to Order
- Roll Call and Committee Signup (please sign in at entrance)
- Approval of General Meeting Minutes Monday, October 15th
- Maxwell Gear – VanTiel Duncan
- Community Service – Lacey White
- Networking – Rebeccah Lystash
- Social Events – Marc Mason
- Cultural Committee – Cameron Reed
- Conference – Alex Paul
- Online Communications Plan – Sheila Koohpai
- No Business Items
- Women’s Caucus: 16 Days Against Violence – Sharisse Grimes
- Open Discussion
Do not forget to place your last-minute orders for this season’s fabulous Maxwell gear! It’s super easy to pay and order online through a Google Form and Paypal.
Maxwell Gear makes for great Christmas gifts…Only 43 days until Christmas!
As our first step in streamlining communications about events, we have set up a calendar to publicize events organized by PAIRA committees and PAIA student organizations. Here’s how you subscribe:
For Google Calendar users:
- Log into your google calendar.
- On the left side of the page, click the drop-down menu option for “Other calendars”
- Choose “Add a friend’s calendar”
- Put “email@example.com” as the email address in the prompt that appears
For Outlook Web App users:
- Log into your Outlook Web App calendar.
- On the left side of the page, right-click “Other Calendars”
- Choose “open calendar” from the menu that appears
- Fill in “Internet calendar:” with “https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/paira.maxwell%40gmail.com/public/basic.ics” in the prompt that appears
Have an event you are organizing on behalf of PAIRA or another PAIA-associated student organization? Email the what, when, where details to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get it on the calendar.
We hope to supplement our PAIA-centered event listings soon with data from Maxwell’s career office and the school’s events calendar. Stay tuned!